I sense another tattoo


"The Bluebird of Happiness" by George J Carroll

"And in the valley beneath the mountains of my youth, lies the river of my tears.
As it wends its way to the ocean of my dreams, so long ago they have gone.
And yet, if I were but to think anew, would these dreams evaporate in my mind and become the morning dew upon a supple rose whose beauty is enhanced with these glistening drops, as the sun of life peeks o'er the mountains when youth was full.
Then I must not supply this endless fountain that creates the river of my tears but look beyond those mountains where the bluebird of happiness flies."

I am obsessed with bluebirds! I've been drawn to them since Nate's death, but a friend encouraged me to research their meaning, and now I understand more why:

  • In Native American culture, they attribute the bluebird to happiness, joy, and contentment
  • Bluebirds symbolize hope, happiness springtime, and love
  • The Blue Bird is a universally recognized symbol of renewal and happiness
  • For centuries the bluebird has been the symbol of happiness, prosperity, a healthy, happy home, health, rebirth, the promise of Spring.
Happiness is the most common theme found among the many meanings behind the bluebird, which is why it is most commonly referred to as "the bluebird of happiness," like in the poem by George J Carroll. But what I find is most inspiring is the "rebirth, renewal and hope" messages. I feel these are what Nathan has achieved in his rebirth into heaven, and now I must do my part to live out the joy, hope and happiness here on earth until we can meet again. 

And this poem is the story that I wish Nathan could have finished. Maybe this is the beginning of our story. The lines are perfect. I feel God stirring something and I'm still putting together the pieces, but this feels right. I sense another tattoo!

Comments

  1. Beautifully said.God sent me to your sight and you touched my heart.I am a christian too.I work a nursing home and there id a ninety -two year old man whose favorite bird is the Bluebird.He shared with me why they are his favorite.They are a species where the father and mother share all responsibility in raising there fledglings The male feeds the female when she is nesting,and will share in sitting on the egg.The fly together and are very devoted to each other.I pray for you and your Husband that God builds your faith in your sorrow.My heart and prayers are with you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts