Divine connection just for me


http://bible.us/111/PSA119.169.NIV May my cry come before you, Lord ; give me understanding according to your word. Bible.com/app

This has been a very emotionally difficult week.

On Sunday,  Nathans dad and sisters and I made the next step toward peace by going through his things and deciding what to keep, what to save for friends and what to donate.  It was so hard. But it was so great to do it together. There were moments of laughter over what to do with dirty underwear and old spit cups and floods of tears about memories from drawings, cards and clothes that we were each connected to. It was such a reality day. I have not stopped crying since and I am hanging to the verse above that I will have understanding according to Gods word.

Even though I dont have understanding or peace today, God continues to comfort me through people.  On Tuesday, I got a package in the mail from the new KSBJ program director who will start working with me in July. In his note, he shared that this gift was from a guest he had spoken with the day before his interview at KSBJ. He goes on to share that she only left two gifts and he was sure God had orchestrated it for me.

I unpack a book from the box and turn to the dedication. The book, "He Still Knows Your Name" by Judy Marquette was written as a journey of healing after the death of her 24 year old son. As I read that the tears fell like a waterfall which made it so hard look through the rest. As I am finally able to turn to the final page, I see the lyrics from the song "When I get Where Im Going" sang by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton, which is the song from Nates funeral. So I am absolutely positive that this gift was orchestrated by God at the most perfect timing. And tears of joy, sadness, reality and comfort drown my desk. I love how much God my Father loves me....im so moved!

I have the gift of connecting to another mother who lost a son about the same age as mine. Her gift to me is not only helping me see beyond where I am in the most personal way, but her messages of hope, faith, love and healing is connected to lyrics of songs that brought her comfort. Songs we play on KSBJ and some songs that I remember from my youth.  How perfect is it that God is connecting my journey to peace to the listeners I connect to on a daily basis because of my position at KSBJ! I cant wait to see how He will use me someday. I am confident that my hearts desire to be the voice Nathan didnt have the opportunity to speak is going to happen through me. I will be obedient to continue to seek the message.

Thank you, my precious Father in Heaven for your gifts through your people. I fully receive your love and give you all praise and glory.  In Jesus perfect name, amen.

Comments

Popular Posts